258 Allen Hall
325-7448 or 325-7444
Test Services is a scanning service of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and is available to all Mississippi State University faculty. Scantron test forms, as well as the test scanning service is available at no cost to faculty members or their department. The trained staff in Test Services can also design and scan special request surveys using the Class Climate V3.1.5 Scan System at minimal cost. Test Services administers Student Evaluation of Faculty evaluation packets during the fall and spring semesters. The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness encourages all MSU faculty to take advantage of the scanning services provided by Test Services. Test forms can be picked up at the Test Services office at 258 Allen Hall. Instructions for submitting test forms for scanning are listed below.
Test Service Schedule
Fall 2016 - Classes Begin August 16 / End November 30
Final Examinations: December 5-9
- Spring 2017 - Classes Begin January 9 / End April 26
Final Examinations: April 28 - May 4
- Maymester 2017 - Classes Begin May 8 / End May 26
Final Examinations: May 30
During spring and fall final examinations, Test Services will open from 7:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. in order to meet your scanning needs.
Steps for scanning test
- Have receiving ticket completed with analyses selected.
- Instruct all students to complete the Name and Identification (MSU ID) sections, beginning left to right in each section. Please do not leave tests until you have the identification section completed, we will not bubble in this information for you.
- Write "key" on the key sheet and attach to its corresponding set of answer sheets.
- Align corners of tests.
Examples of test results
- Summary Information
- Scoring Frequency
- Student Ranking, T-Score and Z-Score
- Test Item Response Analysis
- Student Detailed Results
- Excel Spreadsheet Report
- Following the "steps for scanning test" listed above will expedite the process.
- Tests are scanned in the order in which they are received.
- Tests are scanned within 24 hours.
- Test results may be copied to cd-rw, or USB which must be included with test to be scanned (no print outs will be given).
- E-mail results are not allowed.
Have questions or comments regarding test services or surveys? Please contact:
258 Allen Hall
Phone (662) 325-7448
Last revised: 08/10/2016
269-A Allen Hall